Ke35- 4agze

ChrisGT

As some of you may know i bought millers ke35 coupe off him a couple of months ago.

post-1908-1156078300_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1156078321_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna put a ae101 4agze with sc14 in it.

I have already pulled out the 4k and started to fit the 4a, gonna make some custom engine mounts:

post-1908-1156078715_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1156078735_thumb.jpg

watch this space for all the progress!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell yes! A GZE and Miller's KE35 is a match made in heaven. I've got Cortina engine mounts in my KE55 with 4A-GZE. The only trouble is the passenger side one will snap very quickly unless you create some sort of strapping to limit how far the engine can move under hard acceleration.

Edited by ancullen

ok cool. well i test fitted ae71 mounts and they fit in without the rubbers. So i just designed new ones off the ae71 mounts and shortend them by the thickness of the rubbers. the only problem I'm having is that my alternator is hitting my sway bar did you have this problem?

I think you can get different brackets to mount the alternator in a different position as the FWD and RWD 4AGE's mount the ancillaries in different spots due to the way the engine is situated in both layouts of the cars.

yeah on a 4age you can mount the alt on the drivers side but on a gze that is where the supercharger is and the alt on a gze doesn't adjust like a 4age it has a separate adjuster....if that makes sense?!

Pic:

post-1908-1156247801.jpg

I'm gonna keep aircon but of course not have power steering.

ill work something out...maybe jus modify the bracket and put the alt where the power steering is

Got lots of new parts!

for the fuel syatem ill be running a 2 litre surge tank, bosch 910 fuel pump and vl pre-pump in the tank.

post-1908-1157028734.jpg

will hopefuly get it all in the car this weekend.

also got my intercooler and oil cooler, with oil filter relocator.

post-1908-1157028868.jpg

last weekend i did some painting...painted the cam covers and resprayed half of the engine bay cross member, sway bar and stuff.

post-1908-1157029122.jpg

post-1908-1157035624.jpg

Looks so clean now, all ready for the gze to be dropped in!

Edited by ChrisGT

man thats clean as :D .are going to change your gze sc or crank pulleys to boost the pressure?and what sort of prep did you do to spray the boot and what sort of paint did you use?

cheers des

Edited by too quick

Thanks...for the boot i just stripped it, degreased it all, then high pressure cleaned it, sanded it back, washed it out again, and then used a wax and grease remover. I painted it with body denitor in a spray can...so i didnt use a primer as apparently that stuff sticks to anything.

As for the SC I'm going to use a SC14 instead of the SC12 to get more boost.

Got my seats in today.

I bought Recaro copies off ebay, they came with universal rails but figured out it would be easier to modify the existing seat rails and make new mounting points on the new seats.

These are the old and new seat mounting points:

post-1908-1157185794.jpg post-1908-1157185813.jpg

As you can see the new seats mounting points are closer together so I made some brackets to space them out horizontally and drilled new holes in the rails to fit them vertically:

post-1908-1157185911.jpg post-1908-1157185931.jpg

and the finished product:

post-1908-1157186003.jpg