Radiator?

Istartfires

Members dont see this ad

Take it to a radiator shop and get it reversed flushed.

Can be done DIY but, unless you have the right tools, you wouldn't get it totally clean.

If you get really worried about it getting hot and overheating the interior heater works wonders as a secondary radiator.

As a side note, my dad use to lug a loaded trailer up and down hills in his old '55, it'd get a little past the half mark on a hot day.

yeah mate pretty much what towe01 said.

first step is to take the radiator out, turn it up side down flush it out with the hose (fill it up with water, then let it gush out)

do this upside down, right way up, on the side. do it a few times and make sure all the crap is out.

then shove the hose into your engine, give it a good flush.

take out your thermostat, drop it into a cup of boiling water make sure its opening fully.

then put it all back together with some coolant.

currently you would have spent $0 (cept the coolant)

make sure all the air is out of your cooling system (start it up from cold with the radiator cap off, make sure its parked on flat, or uphill..NOT downhill)

then see how it goes.

your looking at like 300 bucks for a ke70 radiator brand new, since they are completely metal. (you may be able to find an ebay bargain). and 300bucks is alot of money to spend on something you may not need. generally (from my experience) unless a radiator has a hole in it, or ALL the fins are bent/destroyed, its still good to use.

if it still gets hot, take it to get cleaned at a radiator shop, they do funky things to them and get even more crap out. prolly 60bucks or so.

I'm with dave, it's unlikely that you need to spend 300 bucks on a new radiator.

For 90 bucks, I had a radiator shop pull the tanks off, clean the core out completely, resolder the tanks on, pressure test and paint.

If it still gets hot then your issue lies elsewhere is my bet.

Take it to a radiator shop and get it reversed flushed.

Can be done DIY but, unless you have the right tools, you wouldn't get it totally clean.

If you get really worried about it getting hot and overheating the interior heater works wonders as a secondary radiator.

As a side note, my dad use to lug a loaded trailer up and down hills in his old '55, it'd get a little past the half mark on a hot day.

Another good trick, If she's getting hot, Pull the choke to make it run rich, that works wonders too.

Andy

why not have a thermo fan hooked up to a switch? notice your temp going up a little bit, flick the thermo on and keep it cool.

If you're going to use a thermo fan, you might as well use a thermo switch and let it take care of itself, the wiring is no harder and it removes the need to manually turn the fan on and off yourself (because there will be a time that you forget and by the time you realise it you've cooked the engine).