Ke70 Front Bumpers

Istartfires

Members dont see this ad

i've done an ae82 bumper swap. came out pretty good, would look better on a slanty front i reakon. I made custom brackets and held the bottom to the beaver panel with screws for support. But the indicator plugs are different so you have to put the ke70 ones on the ae82 indicators.

A easier better way i reakon would be pull the factory bumper plastic off the metal frame and screw the ae82 bumper to that.

post-9662-006750700 1290324818_thumb.jpg

i've done an ae82 bumper swap. came out pretty good, would look better on a slanty front i reakon. I made custom brackets and held the bottom to the beaver panel with screws for support. But the indicator plugs are different so you have to put the ke70 ones on the ae82 indicators.

A easier better way i reakon would be pull the factory bumper plastic off the metal frame and screw the ae82 bumper to that.

Nice I like it :)

• 10 months later...

I'm thread digging here but man that looks f@$king dope. I was reading through driftke70's build and have seen it on speedhunters. Why does no one else do the 86/82 bumper swap? The 86 rear bumpers look clean as on the back of a E7 and the front looks just as good. I'm looking into this further and I'm doing it. I'm f@$king doing it.

I'm thread digging here but man that looks f@$king dope. I was reading through driftke70's build and have seen it on speedhunters. Why does no one else do the 86/82 bumper swap? The 86 rear bumpers look clean as on the back of a E7 and the front looks just as good. I'm looking into this further and I'm doing it. I'm f@$king doing it.

No one else think the 86 bumpers look good?

Yeah but depends what look your going for. A set of longchamps with the ae8* bumpers and maybe even bolt on flares would go down sweet but chrome bumpers and some old school deep dish wheels > :y: :y: :y:

To be honest I'm just a bit over the whole chrome bumper thing. Seen too many of them. I'm just looking for an alternative. I'm thinking 86 bumpers and paint my car black or just redo the beige and make some shortie bumpers.

Yeah i guess well down here in Tassie there are only a couple ke70's with chrome bumpers its not as common, not sure what its like where you are though. Yeah i do like the 86 bumpers on them though you could try maybe even getting one of the lips that you put on the stock 86 bars too

Yeah i guess well down here in Tassie there are only a couple ke70's with chrome bumpers its not as common, not sure what its like where you are though. Yeah i do like the 86 bumpers on them though you could try maybe even getting one of the lips that you put on the stock 86 bars too

Yeah, the chrome isnt that common where I live but its common in general.

Yeah I might just go with a chin spoiler/lip and just make some shortie bumpers.

Time to get the grinder out. Really keen on 86's but there's probably a bit of work involved with them, shorties are easy(er).

Shorties would look good keeping with the beige and black theme too.