13T-U

Istartfires

Members dont see this ad

Yeah probably a good idea unless you wanna flip the k rad upside down to get it happening right haha, cause the t series motors top rad hoses are on the right side, and bottom on the left, and k series is in reverse :)

What drugs are you on SLW :P

K series is the same ;)

Nah there not the same if your looking at the motor, the top hose comes out to the right, and i can't remember about the bottom hose, cause i haven't seen i t series engine in awhile and plus i hate t series engines and they hate me (there is a mutual hate for each other there hehe)

SLW is correct with the top hoses. but as bruce said, turn the thermostat housing 180 degrees and use ke70 rad.

ta22 mounts on a ke70 crossmember is the way to go. ae71 pedal box, or i believe people have modded the t18 one to fit?

So I could get a ae71 crossmember, use my standard engine mounts so then I would have a steering rack instead of the box?

Car is a T18 with 3tc.

plus a ke70 steering column

Nah there not the same if your looking at the motor, the top hose comes out to the right, and i can't remember about the bottom hose, cause i haven't seen i t series engine in awhile and plus i hate t series engines and they hate me (there is a mutual hate for each other there hehe)

Ahhhh, i thought you were talking about where the outlets on the rad are...

• 2 years later...

2010 thread but I'll try my luck.

I'm looking into a 3T-C conversion into my KE70.

I already have access to a full motor and gear box, they have been pulled straight out of a T-18.

Will I be able to run straight off the T-18 (T50) gearbox and drive shaft or will I have to run something else (AE71 driveshaft)?

Just in summary for future readers and to confirm...

AE71 cross member with T-18 mounts.

AE71 pedalbox.

T-50 gearbox on a AE71 gearbox crossmember.

are all needed to make it a bolt up affair?

I think you'll find yourself needing a shorter tail shaft, as from what I've read T boxes are slightly longer than K.

T18 diffs are about 20mm longer than the KE70's borgy, so if you can get the T18 diff, tail shaft, box, and engine you may have a different story.

I've got a T18 diff laying around that I'm thinking of getting rid of.

Will the diff just bolt in? I was under the impression they had different widths and mounts?

My brother bought a T-18 with a spare motor and box that was pulled from another one. I'll ask him if he has a spare shaft and I'll let you know if I need your diff. Cheers.

I haven't fitted it so can't be too sure, but I'm pretty sure the sway bars, spring perches, shock mounts, and all 5 links line up.

I bought it from the wreckers and they gassed it off so all the soft brake lines have been cut. Sways/mounts and hard lines are still intact though. Toyota is pretty universal in their designing so I wouldn't be surprised at all if the K lines were the same size.