Lowering Ke30 4in!!!!!!! Vn Wagon Shocks

shauns ke30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thats better :n:

RA40 brake upgrade works well in KE30's. Done it myself personally.

Front king springs will drop it around 2" I am guessing? Or would you be cutting the springs to match the rear?

Are you also changing over to a decent front shock absorber to match your new height?

yeah i don't have the ra40's in yet I'm not to sure how low they sit on the front in running 195/60/14

and i also don't wanna cut them i think i beter put the ra40's in frist see how they sit and then juge the back

to see what i can do. but at the moment i need new vented and sloted disks / pads and wheel bearings

for the ra40 :locked:

ummm what rotors are you running on your ra40 vented or vented and sloted???

and what prpblems did you come across eg bake lines, camber????

coz i wanna no if i can mount the ra40's staright to my ke30 LCA useing the ra40 balljoint

i have the ra40 balljoints and LCA but have been told theres camber issus :cool:

About the main issue I remember having was that the RA40 spring doesn't working with the KE30 top hat.

There is info about it somewhere if you do a search.

I just used standard rotors as they were fine, pulled up real quick! But new bearings and pads are a good idea.

Personally on a 14" rim I would be going a 185/60, I have run 195/60 and didn't like the feel.

Not 100% on LCA's but if needed maybe XT130 Corona? Can't be 100% though

About the main issue I remember having was that the RA40 spring doesn't working with the KE30 top hat.

There is info about it somewhere if you do a search.

I just used standard rotors as they were fine, pulled up real quick! But new bearings and pads are a good idea.

Personally on a 14" rim I would be going a 185/60, I have run 195/60 and didn't like the feel.

Not 100% on LCA's but if needed maybe XT130 Corona? Can't be 100% though

yeah but the ra40's i got where out of a ke55 track car??? so i think that problem has

been fixed (top hat) but i never seen them on the car

so i don't no about the camber probs! yeah the wheel are abit big but only coz i got then of a

australian skyline thats why they have massive tyres lol I'm thinking of vented and sloted rotors tho

coz ther mite be a 4 age or 13b later on down the track :locked: finger crossed

don't lower it 4 inches, you wont have enough suspension travel and you are very unlikely to find shocks to suit that range.

when you hit some bumps in the street the back end of the car will jump and kick out to oversteer, ie power pole territory..

and legally for NCOP its got to clear 100mm fully laden and you are not allowed to reduce suspension travel by more than

a third of the original travel.

if you are worried about the gap in the guards or filling the guards as some may call it, lowering the car is only half of it -

bigger wheels also fill this gap but also raise ride height equally as much which can be useful for clearing the 100mm

ride height regulation.

Edited by styler

probag no'1 in australia!!!!!!!!! is reseting the leafs for me thats why I'm looking for bigger shocks for

the rear to take some of the bunce go away and its legal thats what probagg told me when they do stuff like

this they also engineer it too be low

I'f you're resetting rear leafs you won't change spring rate; so if you don't change spring rate you don't need to change the damping rate (ie shocks)

If you really want to slide, cut the rubber off the bump stops, pull the springs out and weld the diff to the bump stop mounts.

I'f you're resetting rear leafs you won't change spring rate; so if you don't change spring rate you don't need to change the damping rate (ie shocks)

.....but you would need a shock which has an appropriate travel range to match the LOWERED leaf pack!!! :locked:

ok look i no it sounds silly me say i want a slider!!!! but thats the look I'm trying too go for like an old skool drift car. and no i want be drifting it

its not that power full and I'm sure alot of people on the club have lowerd there rolla's 4in.

well i have 4in blocks at home, I'm going to put the 14in stocks on the back and put the blocks in to see

what I'm looking at and see how low it is (ive had the 4'' blocks in befor from what i can remeber it wasent that low but thats probly

coz i was running 17'' mags) i havent seen how it sit on the 14'' yet but will give it a go and see.

lol weld the diff to the bump stops hahahaahahah

Is this guy for real?

You do realise your car will handle like shit no matter what shocks or swaybars you fit to it if its sitting in the weeds right?

Think of it this way:

Say you're bouncing a basketball on the ground on a flat spot and it returns back to your hands in the same direction it came from and you roll it over that same spot and it continues on its path.

Now add a bump on the same surface and see how it reacts. It isnt going to return to the same point it was prior to hitting that bump, nor will it continue on the same path when the ball is rolled.

Relate that to your suspension travel and handling and you actually might get some / gather some sense and come to the realisation that hey, maybe the path YOU are taking is the WRONG path and you'll risk injuring others in the process if your car so happens to lose control and hit another car, a bystander walking their dog or you kill one of your mates by pulling a hektik drift and slamming sideways into a pole.

Don't think with your dick, think with your brain. :locked:

Edited by Raven