Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Compared the dizzy's last night.

I'm going to machine down the body of the 4AGE one, to the size of the K series one. Machine an O ring groove in (To a more common size, thanks Toyota)

Then modify the K series shaft to locate correctly in the 4A body and shrink fit the sensor wheels onto the shaft as per factory.

Compared the dizzy's last night.

I'm going to machine down the body of the 4AGE one, to the size of the K series one. Machine an O ring groove in (To a more common size, thanks Toyota)

Then modify the K series shaft to locate correctly in the 4A body and shrink fit the sensor wheels onto the shaft as per factory.

You know, you make it all sound so simple :laff: Top work mate! :y:

You know, you make it all sound so simple :laff: Top work mate! :y:

Thanks man!

Hahaha, I hope not too easy?

Take all the measurements of lengths and positions (Trigger height for the 4AGE and Shaft protrusion of the K Series one)

Check measurements against the dizzy bore in the block.

Strip the dizzys out, setup the 4AGE dizzy between centers in the lathe and machine down the spigot to K size, machine O-ring groove.

Check for shaft protrusion of the K shaft in the 4A housing, machine the shaft or make spacers to suit.

Fit up the sensors and adjust sensor clearance.

Profit?

If my rough measurements are correct (no measurement equipment at home) the short tab on the 4A housing will line up with the dizzy clamp bolt hole on the K block. WIN? :yes:

Edited by SLO-030

Dizzy's are coming along to work with me tomorrow for a measure up and f@$k around. Few more idea's floating round at the moment so i'll get em all down on paper and work from there.

Also, MAY be purchasing a lathe in a couple days. Fkin stoked! :dance:

OK, so, no love with the 4AGE dizzy into K series block.

The K dizzy has a 26.92mm body, While the 4AGE has a 36.02 body. Thats all good, should be able to machine the 4A one down.

However the bearing in the 4AGE dizzy is stopping me. While the 2 dizzy's share the same I.D, O.D and Width. The 4AGE bearing is positioned in the 36.02 body, whereas the K series has the bearing approx 10mm above the 26.92 body.

Meaning, I can't machine down the 4AGE dizzy to suit the K block as I will go right thru the housing into where the bearing seats :bash:

Spoke to the machinist today and he isn't too confident his machine can bore the K Dizzy bore to fit the 4AGE Dizzy