Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Notice you're running a GT40R coil. The "R" indicated that it HAS to be used in conjunction with a resistor. It's only designed to run most of its life at 6-8v so the full 14v will burn it out pretty quick.

Solution - Sell that coil to somebody who is still using a resistor and buy yourself a GT40. :wink: Either that or get yourself a coil like what I'm using in Tar.

well done with this car ryan,,, i will reward you with a trophy.. an antique crumpet smashing hammer!!!

cheers morgzz

Ahahaha, Cheers man. Ahhh, the hammer of smashed crumpet. Will complete my collection :yes:

You'll cook the coil dude.

Sell GT40's at work ;)

Come see me when your car wont start :P

Can you get MSD blaster 2 coils too? Directly thru MSD or Rocket?

PM/txt with a price on eash and get one ready for next friday :y:

How soon you looking at getting the MSD stuff Tom?

Coil seems to be coping so far. Hopefully it keeps going long enough. Took it for a 3 1/2hr drive yesterday and didnt have a single issue.

Ordered a Tridon Thermo switch today also, will get rid of the adjustable Davies Craig switch and the Tridon one will screw directly into the thermostat housing. I seem to have 2 temp senders for some reason, maybe old emmisions gear. The 2nd one on the passenger side will be replaced with the new one.

More electrickery installed today. Ditched the Davies Craig thermo controller in favour of a Tridon thermo switch. Much more neatness.

Turns out to be the same switch used by a member on here who races speedway (name escapes me now)

95-90 on-off temp. Which is the same as what the book recommends for the ol' 4k.

P/N for the recommended 4k switch: TFS 151. (switches to ground)

The one I used: TFS 148. (switches power) Actually intended for Subarus!

Pics to follow.