Alternator

shauns ke30

Hay guys I was reading in knowledge base /faq and found some info on put a vl turbo 80a (I think) alternator on a k motor I have a big sound system and some gauges and most the time I don't have the power to run it all at once!

So I'm very keen on puting the vl turbo alternator on my 4k that I'm going to chuck in my ke30 some time soon..

I would like to no if anyone has done it and how thay did it.

Pictures would be cool to.

Cheers

Shaun

Members dont see this ad
Does the "big sound system" (guessing this includes a sub) have a capacitor?

Guages pull bugger all power.

I have two sony 15'in subs and two alpine amps!

in my ke30 no capacitor..

The guages make a big difference ever since i hooked them

up the subs havent been going that good its like it needs more

power I'm getting a capacitor soon just need some money.

And at night i don't even have to turn my system up that

loud and my driven light are flashing of there heads to the beat.

and the reason why i want to put the vl turbo alternator

in is also coz soon iam getting a dvd play more guages and

acouple other goodes.

shaun..

post-7058-1227238434.jpg

This is what i think a capacitor does..

ok a capacitor holds the power to

the amps so thay don't run short

of power..

a capacitor is for car audio isnt it???

Pretty much, and yes they're for car audio.

I would invest the money in a decent capacitor (an audio setup like what you have should really include one anyway), and then look into a different alternator if required.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Rockford-Fosgat...A1%7C240%3A1318

RockfordFosgate FTW!!! :P

Pretty much, and yes they're for car audio.

I would invest the money in a decent capacitor (an audio setup like what you have should really include one anyway), and then look into a different alternator if required.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Rockford-Fosgat...A1%7C240%3A1318

RockfordFosgate FTW!!! :D

ooooh

i like dam i have no money :P

cheers

Hi,

If you switch your KE1X to a Bosch internal regulated alternator endless possibilities then exist for a bigger alt on the motor.

Also in a KE30 you can do this.

If you use search a while back I found a 80amp alt off a nissan 4x4 I think it was fit fine and pretty much plug and play :P Has a big thread with diagrams :D This will help heaps as my setereo for a while with stock KE30 alt would make charge light glow all the time. Now I never see it when driving :jamie:

Cheers

Cameron

Hay man. I have the same problem but when I went to a couple of different audio shops they told me to first upgrade my wiring, alternator and battery.

I now use 4 gauge wire from battery to amp (by the looks of your system you should use at least that). Also got myself an Optima dry cell battery with high cranking amps which just about throws the engine out the bonnet when I turn the key.

The lights don’t dim half as much as they did and I’m still yet to upgrade the alternator which when tested wasn’t producing any charge at idle

I was reading some in-depth discussion between audio gurus on capacitors. Opinions differ and test results vary as to whether they are good, bad or do anything at all. My conclusion was that I’ll go without unless I learn otherwise.

I wonder if the audio competition guys use capacitors or not. I think they just use multiple batteries in parallel.

Just looked at ya boot pick. Looks like you got the 4 gauge happening.

I wouldn’t have thought adding gauges would make a dramatic difference. They only have small lights in them and if the lights are off I don’t think they would drain any power.

You might have to check your wiring that no wires are touching metal (except earth wires of coarse). My friend’s car had a big problem with a bodge job wiring loom. Wires where hanging every where touching other wires and the metal under the dash. As a result the battery would lose charge over night.

I’m not sure if that’s the best place to earth your amps either. A good solid earth is really important.