Any One Keen On A Rolla Cruise In Adelaide Tonite ????

ke70kid

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Ben (chumps) are already into organising the next cruise. Keep an eye out for the thread soon. If anyone has some ideas for location, date, time, etc if would be greatly appriciated. We would like it to be fair on all people across Adelaide so no one has to drive more then anyone else (well try to).

Cheers

Tally

so when's the next meet up boys?
Edited by Tally

harbour town abit more central its 30k from morphett vale and 30k from klemzig leave car park go up sir donald bradman drive onto west tce to greenhill all the way to mt lofty typical cruise ? just throwing idea out there if people want meet point/hills maybe further hills after that ?

I'm from golden grove and new, so always keen to cruise.

For us down this way even harbor towns a fair way, but as a newbie I'm happy to cooperate!!!

and when your talking morphett vale i suppose its only fair? just a Q.what about marion???

.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'cheers'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.

Ok well I have posted on ausrotary that we are orgaising a decent rolla/rota cruise and a few people have expressed interest already.

So location location.. hmmm I'm in the north-east so anywhere is good for me lol. Few people didnt like west lakes that much, and I thought there was way too many cops down that way.

Few Possible Locations:

Shopping Centers:

Centro Arndale - Bit of a rough area, but is pretty central

Castle Plaza - Not to far from north or south

TTP - Probebly not an option lol

West lakes - Not the worst location

Northpark Shopping Centre - close to me

Sefton Plaza Shopping Centre - across from Northpark

Harbour Town - Been on some good crusies here a while back

Fulham car park - Not to bad, same as west lakes

Marion shopping center - good for people down south, not good for people up north

K-Mart on anzac highway - Been on some hotrod crusies that were started here

Non-Shopping Center Locations:

Santos stadium car park - sarotors hold sucessful crusies from this location

Know of any others?

Crusie Map:

With regards to the cruise map, most people say cruise through the bay and shit like that. Nothing wrong with that but it gets boring after a while.

Id like to go through the hills. Havnt been up there in my car yet although not sure if it would be ideal. Good place for Rotaz, Nissans and Drifters alike but not stock as a rock Corollas. And as you know it is pretty dangerous up there.

Time and Day:

With regards to the day and time, id prefer a saturday mid day - afternoon and the cruise would end as it goes dark. Making sure we are driving away from the sun rather then towards it so we don't get blinded by a sunset. Then on the way back it would be night and fine.

Obviously these are my own opinions and would like to get ideas from others.

Yes harbour town was one of the first places that came to mind.

Meet points is a good idea, so if people don't wanna meet at the start they can join along the way

Let us know what you reckon is good

Cheers

Tally

most meet points don't suit us down north.

the cruise i went on the kmart at kurullta park was at least an easy location to get to espec for me with no idea of that area as i travel south road fairly reguarly. harbour town is near the airport which isnt much further but kmart offers the large rear car park thats always empty so that makes for an easy solution. would be nicer if it could be closer north but i guess most of the rolla guys are from south.

a hills run would be good and the mid afternoon is good as more people like me who arent 100% with the hills run late at night still get the oppurtunity as on the way back is easier as it gets darker instead of all of it in the dark.

i mean i went a long way for my first cruise. and i would be keen for a rolla cruise so if the location and date is right I'm there i guess. even if the rotors will loose us instantly :hmm:

newton shopping centre ? is that on portrush rd ? i guess maybe a little bit further north ? maybe everyone give thier location a draw a circle around the edge of those furthest away on a map and find a location that suits near the middle of that and use it as a regular place?

judging by the google map salisbury is almost the same distance from the city as reynella/morphett vale and magil area is probably the furthest away from the beach trying to match the same distance for both north/south. scout it out around magill ?

also closer start point for hills. old norton summit rd/norton summit rd, then loberthal rd right to collins rd turn right onto green hill rd and left onto mt lofty summit rd a simple but twisty loop from magil out to the hills and loop back to adelaide after stopping at mt lofty.

if most cruise turnouts are like 15 cars max I'm sure even the local deli would have enough parking space

SANTOS STADIUM FOR SURE!!!!! tucked away nice and neat and central from everywhere....

i went from golden grove to hackam hungry jacks for a cruse and a MASSIVE turnout of one other corolla (blackrolla80) p.s. "car looks sweet so far" by the time i arrived, took me just over an hour. i was ready to head home again. and after one medium hills run, I DID!

i wanna be able to survive the distance..... :hmm: :cool: :hmm: ;) :hmm: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by leorolla1975

• 2 weeks later...
Yes harbour town was one of the first places that came to mind.

Meet points is a good idea, so if people don't wanna meet at the start they can join along the way

Let us know what you reckon is good

Cheers

Tally

What i was thinkin was have seperate meet points where people from say the southern suburbs, Northern etc. meet together then cruise as a group to a centeral meet point. id really love to get the rolla out on a cruise so here my 2c go help get one organised.

CHEERS

Ryan