Greeeeen Beastie!!!

greenmac80

Did you take the bump stops out?

Haven't really ever looked at a corolla one, but with my RX4 the bump stop sorta has 2 jobs: 1, obviously as a bump stop. 2, the have lips on the edges which hold the shackles in place straight up and down!!

The slots you can see in the sides of the lowering block should also have the shackle running though them for extra support, so by the looks of it, you're right in say that they are not the correct clocks for the car.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you take the bump stops out?

Haven't really ever looked at a corolla one, but with my RX4 the bump stop sorta has 2 jobs: 1, obviously as a bump stop. 2, the have lips on the edges which hold the shackles in place straight up and down!!

The slots you can see in the sides of the lowering block should also have the shackle running though them for extra support, so by the looks of it, you're right in say that they are not the correct clocks for the car.

Yeah they are meant for a hilux! but i did the best i could and there doesn't seem to be any sideways

movement and i don't really hammer around corners anyway!

Also these blocks aren't meant to have the u bolts going through them. there is no way that those u bolts could be even made to go through!

i did try that! all they would do is stop the block twisting if they were sitting sideways!

but the bottom plate on the diff and the leaf bushes run lengthways so to me (i could be wrong) it seems more stable that way.

there is more area of the block in contact with the surroundings.

if someone has gone to the trouble of getting the proper blocks i would like to see a photo...

just to see the difference!

ummmm no the bump stops are just bump stops they don't have any other function!

even that low it still has another 2inches or so before it hits the bumps!

Edited by blackrolla80

Now thats the green I want for my wagon :wink: Keep up the prigress piccs mate!!

will do car will be getting a heron white basecoat first!

i love seeing those VE commos get around cos i love the colour!

paint is reeeeaaalllly expensive!

my trade price was $209 for 4 litres!

a shop i went to said they buy it for $345 for 4 litres

so yeah! imagine what every day joe will be paying!... crazy

Even more bad news!

Du pont rang my work today and informed us that they hadn't even made the paint!

also a tint thay use has run out and has to be ordered from over seas.

so if i want this paint i'll be waitin for over a month.

soooo

i've chosen to go a different colour

i'll be going phantom black!

and then shanghai red in the clear coat!

a cherry black look!

Hey mate nice progress unlucky with your painting situation Where are you getting the paint from I have always dealt with my local holden dealer. A because my dad used to work there and B they are the PPG paint suppliers and ppg is what 1/2 the panel shops over here use and all of the V8 supercars are painted in aswell just my 2c

Hey mate nice progress unlucky with your painting situation Where are you getting the paint from I have always dealt with my local holden dealer. A because my dad used to work there and B they are the PPG paint suppliers and ppg is what 1/2 the panel shops over here use and all of the V8 supercars are painted in aswell just my 2c

buying through where i work and we go directly to dupont.

tried the holden dealer thing and they buy in 44 gallon drums and won't give me a small amount!

thought of using protec colour match but that is no good!

They are a piece of piss to fit aren't they! Your brackets are just the same as mine (well sorta), and did you drill holes in the stone tray to locate the bottom?

At least yours is one with a cap, mine didn't have one, so I had to get a pipe made up with one in it.

some more pics.

how it looks atm. hope to have it painted by tuesday!

post-4780-1200815429_thumb.jpg

new commodore radiator

post-4780-1200815476_thumb.jpg

installed

post-4780-1200815556_thumb.jpg post-4780-1200815650_thumb.jpg

twas easy

also did my rear engine seal this wkend!

i don't ever want to do it again! lol

Hi mate project is looking good, i noticed that the front gaurd and apron is a little damaged are you fixing it or painting over it. :hmm: Car should look great when its finished. :2thumbs: