turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The RA65 also give MASSIVE amounts of pos camber.... Pos camber for the lose..

I had them in my 86 and it handle like shit. I put sigma lca's on and got 1.8neg camber but still handle like shit. Plus the sway sits on the bottom of the strut.

There are better pads out there for the 86 brakes aswell. I have lucas pads in mine and they are rated to 650 degrees plus. They are a very cheap pad. I can get them through work for about $120

If you go coilovers you would go to a heavier spring so it doesnt move much. Mine doesnt move when i get in it and I'm pretty heavey.... But sway bars also help out there.

If you just want it dropped a bit more go to industrail springs and get some custom ones made up. Alot easier then changing struts and shit. I'm pretty theres someone out there that make camber tops for the stock ke70 strut so that could be an easy way of getting neg camber.

Edited by Craig_ae8670

There are better pads out there for the 86 brakes aswell. I have lucas pads in mine and they are rated to 650 degrees plus. They are a very cheap pad. I can get them through work for about $120

Don't forget that friction coefficient plays a big part. You can get Racebrakes RB74s for about $145 same temp rating but I'll wager they have a far better coeff than the Lucas pads. I went from a coeff of 0.36 to 0.50 and the difference is massive (Ferodo Excel to Ferodo Racing DS2500 $245).

The RA65 struts maybe the same in daimeter as an 86 one but the axle spindle angle is very different. I had 2.5degrees neg camber before the sigma arms.

Alot of poeple on 86dc i think it was tried this setup and thought it was shit and went back to a coilover on an 86 strut.

The angle the axle screws around with the geometry too much and it cannot be fixed. I use AVS suspension here in adelaide for all my wheel alignments and he hated this setup.

Even but using the sigme control arms the camber was corrected but because of the ball joint tapper on the sigma bottom ball joint it doesnt fit the ke70,ae71 or ae86 steering knuckle properly.

But this is all in my opinnion

Yeah, might stick with the existing setup, and maybe go the industrial springs route to get some customs. We will see, as its not a big priority at the moment as i wont be driving it for atleast another 2 weeks (f$#ken broken toe.... :y:).

I did get some paint just now though, so gonna see what i'll do with the engine. Got VHT "hi temp engine enamel" in "Flat black" and "universal aluminium". SO gotta work out if its gonna be black covers and silver writing (in which case i can just sand the lettering tops back after its painted black), or the silver look with black writing, like option B. Think that'll be the way i'll sway! :no2:

Have fun keeping ti all clean if you go the silver option :P

You should be painting those rims too :P

Ah yes, that's what i can do with all the black paint that'll be left!!!!! good to see one of us is thinking :D

Last night i was bored and cause i've got the cast off my foot now ( :D ), i went out and did some work on the car. The ecu and wiring was all sitting in the front passenger's footwell, and the relay etc for the fuel pump in my footwell (only shorted the fuse once :)). SO, i've poked the fuel pump stuff in behind the kicker on the drivers side which wasnt a problem. The ecu & wiring was a little more work purely cause of the bulk of all the wires, and the relay for the wires we hooked up. BUT, i managed to poke that stuff in behind the kicker (poking the relay through one of the holes in body) I ended up just sticking the ECU up behind where the glovebox is, and its sorta resting against the heater fan and some other shit up there. Aint going anywhere, which is good. Only thing is the glovebox is a little harder to shut, but some gentle force when its in position does the job, and wont hurt the ecu :D SO, the interior is now back as it was and looking stocker again!

Oh, reason i didnt mount the ecu in the kicker was because i wanted to keep my front speakers.....gotta have the tunes :y:

You wont get an idea of the wring and where it is, but heres a pic of the ecu "mounted" and in position:

dsc00042copyef4.jpg

Oh, also considering hosting and posting up a video of the first running of the 4age after the conversion (first "proper" running).....not that flash, but its comin straight out the extractors which was cool (and loud!). Anyone interested in that?

yes, yes, do it, post the vid

cars looking really neat now, wheels are looking extremly phat with the black on them

can't wait for this video

Yeah, hosting the video via youtube now. its a big file though (10mb) for now, until i convert it to something more user friendly. ** update - video is "uploaded" but can't access it yet.....hopefully will come up soon!!!!!

Wheels arent done yet, but will be done in the next few days i reckon! will go with the option of just painting the "inside" of the rims (ie leave the outer edges silver) and see how that looks, and if not, then go the outside of the spokes too! :D

Edited by turbo_rolla

Okay, video now up..........not the best, but it'll do :)

Oh, someone (ie me) pops the f word at the end, so just beware if you're listening around touchy people :D (it was the first time i'd heard it run, and was excited :D )

Edited by turbo_rolla

Sounds tough, Please tell me your running straight threw pipe for an exhaust ?
Yeah, no hotdog/cat, just the rear muffler at the moment. MAY run a hiflow cat later on, but no plans for the time being :) Sounds a LITTLE raspy though i think (in the cabin atleast), but we'll see how it goes.

And yeah, craig is in the vid, with paul, bri, and me, mr potty mouth :D there's a pic with you in it mick, so i'll have to chuck it up!!!!! :D

Edited by turbo_rolla