Turbo_rolla's Ke70

turbo_rolla

Got a wheel alignment today.........best $49 i've spent on the car for quite some time. The brake noise is going and it handles like its on rails. Never actually got an alignment when i changed the shocks & springs about 12 months ago (before upgrading to ae86 gear recently), and its soooooo much better. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another update

Quad headlight setup:

From this:

dsc00317copyhi1.jpg

To this:

dsc00130copypj6.jpg

And as of this afternoon, this:

dsc00063copyep0.jpg

:lolcry: :fuzz: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

When i can be bothered, the rear bumper will go on to - not as easy as the front apparently, so will see how that goes.

Slowly getting there!

Mate just had a look through your thread and mate what a great job you have done on it!!!

Looks so wicked with the twin headlights!!! I just got the stock white KE70 that was for sale in the Car Trader and would love to do something similar to your front end.

I was looking at these guard mirrors on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...256989&rd=1

What ya reckon?

Cheers man great work

Tally

Hey tally, i've checked out those mirrors on numerous occassions :lolcry: still undecided on them, but the car I'm basing mine on (the "motorfix" keto - see pic below) has some on the fenders. At this stage not 100% sure, but depends what kind of look you wanna get out of the car. Main concern is them drawing a bit of attention to it, and someone deciding they want them :drgrim: Look like nice mirrors though - this is similar to how they look on the ke70 with a front like mine:

post-1017-1197162016_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

A few days ago i had decided that i was going to sell the beast because i didnt want to have to go through the massive expense of getting it engineered to make it all legal.

i put in an "application to modify" form on monday to Transport SA and figured it'd be knocked back. Put forward what i thought was a pretty good case and didnt sound like a young hoon who wanted to make his car as quick as possible to impress the chicks......gave them a ring today to see what the progress was (decided i was going to sell it cause i didnt wanna pay the $$$$ to engineer it, and was gonna go look at an AE102 corolla tomorrow - i know :)). They'd finished the application and the guy let me know the verdict over the phone:

NO ENGINEERING REQUIRED* :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :sob:

* will beleive it when i see it in writing though :(

He said that he'd basically used the specs of a JDM KE70/TE71 that came with a 2gteu (???) engine that had 86kw - compared to that, the 4age is only a 10% increase in power, so i think they used that in addition to the fact i've done all the "bolt in" options and brake & diff upgrades to decide that it'd be fine. They're sending out the "statement of requirements" next week, but it'll basically just have to go over the pits now to get approved. I cannot express how f$#Ken stoked i am with this! I was walking down the mall after work on the phone and almost fell over when he said it didnt need to be engineered cause i was resigned to a negative response from them :)

If you ask nicely i might post the list of requirements and the reasoning etc for future 4age into ke70 kids :sob:

WATCH THIS SPACE - more mods to come now :yes: