Corolla On Top Gear Australia

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this series ends up making me despise Shane Jacobson, I'm going to be rather peeved.

Kenny is an awesome movie :(

Couldn't agree more.

I understand there is a Top Gear "format" but just replacing Clarkson, Hammond and May and doing the same stuff, I may as well watch the British one. Hell there are enough repeats on at the moment. Maybe instead of swinging off their coat tails they could have tried a truly Australian version.

:( They could have at least trashed a KE70 instead of a '20!

Its a 70's challenge so that may not have worked.

I think theres definate potential for an Aussie version, but it will take a long time to live up to the already established british version.

I agree that the hosts shouldnt be based on the british ones.

The british trio have a certain chemistry, but they have also been around long enough for people to know what to expect in terms of humour..

They are so established in their characteristics that they don't have to do much to be funny.. people expect it.

The first couple of aussie trios have been largely unknown to the public, which makes it quite difficult to be on side with them and recognise their style of humour straight away.

And this is definately difficult because they are trying to mimic the brits, which realistically is near impossible.

That said, i think theyve had some great ideas on the aussie version, they just need to find the right hosts and not be afraid to stray away from the british format.